Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tidbit Tuesday~Key Lime Pie (a little lightened)

For some reason, I have had Key Lime Pie on the brain lately. I haven't had much else in my sleep deprived state, but I clearly have my priorities straight. I think because it is oh so good, summery, and cool. I clearly have baby weight to lose from Mini #3.

Let's face it from Mini #1 and Mini #2 too, but that is a story for another day.

I found this LIGHTENED recipe for Key Lime Pie and gave it a whirl. It didn't disappoint and I am strongly using the word LIGHTENED in the title to make myself feel a little better. 

Happy Tuesday! Enjoy!  

Ingredients

  • 1 (14-oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
  • 3/4 cup egg substitute
  • 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons grated lime rind (about 2 limes)
  • 1 (6-oz.) reduced-fat ready-made graham cracker crust
  • 1 (8-oz.) container fat-free whipped topping, thawed
  • Garnishes: lime wedges, lime curls

Preparation

  • 1. Process first 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into piecrust.
  • 2. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let pie cool completely, and top with whipped topping. Garnish, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment