For some reason, I have had Key Lime Pie on the brain lately. I haven't had much else in my sleep deprived state, but I clearly have my priorities straight. I think because it is oh so good, summery, and cool. I clearly have baby weight to lose from Mini #3.
Let's face it from Mini #1 and Mini #2 too, but that is a story for another day.
I found this LIGHTENED recipe for Key Lime Pie and gave it a whirl. It didn't disappoint and I am strongly using the word LIGHTENED in the title to make myself feel a little better.
Happy Tuesday! Enjoy!
- 1 (14-oz.) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind (about 2 limes)
- 1 (6-oz.) reduced-fat ready-made graham cracker crust
- 1 (8-oz.) container fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Garnishes: lime wedges, lime curls
- 1. Process first 4 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into piecrust.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Let pie cool completely, and top with whipped topping. Garnish, if desired.